Summer this year in Australia seems very hot for most of us, so our pitta element may have increased and become out of balance, or in excess. So here are some tips to help us chill out and regain balance.
* Use lots of cooling cucumbers, Eat them, use as juice, or apply fresh slices over your eyes.
I made a yummy raw cucumber soup yesterday with fresh coriander, and it was very soothing.
* Eat plenty of fresh greens. If youbare Vata imbakanced remember to add an oily dressing, or put avocado with the greens.
* Chill out, and relax especially in the hottest part of the day.
* Wash your face, especially your eyes with cool water, whenever you feel overheated or impatient.
* Avoid heating foods like chillies, beetroots, fried foods and white sugar.
* Try cooling herbs and spices, like any mints, rose petals, coriander, licorice and cardamom. Make a herb tea blend and then allow it to cool down before drinking.
* Drink plenty of water.
* Walk barefoot on the cool earth in the morning, or stand in cool water.
OK I hope some of these are helpful. Im always ooen to questions to you have any..
Have a look in the workshops section here, as I have upgraded the workshops I now offer. Please contact me if you would like me to come to your area to share with you and your friends or students.