Summer this year in Australia seems very hot for most of us, so our pitta element may have increased and become out of balance, or in excess. So here are some tips to help us chill out and regain balance.
* Use lots of cooling cucumbers, Eat them, use as juice, or apply fresh slices over your eyes.
I made a yummy raw cucumber soup yesterday with fresh coriander, and it was very soothing.
* Eat plenty of fresh greens. If youbare Vata imbakanced remember to add an oily dressing, or put avocado with the greens.
* Chill out, and relax especially in the hottest part of the day.
* Wash your face, especially your eyes with cool water, whenever you feel overheated or impatient.
* Avoid heating foods like chillies, beetroots, fried foods and white sugar.
* Try cooling herbs and spices, like any mints, rose petals, coriander, licorice and cardamom. Make a herb tea blend and then allow it to cool down before drinking.
* Drink plenty of water.
* Walk barefoot on the cool earth in the morning, or stand in cool water.
OK I hope some of these are helpful. Im always ooen to questions to you have any..
Im enjoying being in the garden at the moment. We are having warm sunny days. I saw so many herbs growing wild in Europe on my trip, and shared with people how to use them. I love how common "weeds" are really health promoting and disease curing. Empowering people to use simple herbal home remedies is my passion so Im busy expanding my own herb garden with the plan of bringing people here for herb days.
Im enjoying the last few days of my journey. Have just returned from Spain, where I wandered along the Natural Camino by the cliffs and through amazing old forests. Through all the countries Ive visited this trip- from England to Malta, then Italy, Ireland, France and Spain, my herbal friends have smiled at me! Its been such a joy wikd harvesting and sharing them with people along the way...
Ive really enjoyed the last few weeks in Ireland, tge land of my ancestirs in my Dads side. So many Magical places. Stone circles, wild seas, fairy forests and tge stiney mountains of the Burren. It feels like home here. Herbal friebds greeting me wherever I go.
Have a look in the workshops section here, as I have upgraded the workshops I now offer. Please contact me if you would like me to come to your area to share with you and your friends or students.